Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs or “Life Plan Communities) can be a wonderful solution for older adults who are independent and active today, but who seek the peace of mind that comes with living in a community that can provide assisted living or health care services if and when needed.
But, how do you know if a CCRC is right for you? If you answer yes to most of these introductory questions, then it may be worth exploring your options further:
• Do you want to downsize your homeowner responsibilities? (interior and exterior maintenance and repairs)
• Do you like to plan ahead; to control, reduce, or eliminate the uncertainty about future housing and health care costs?
• If you ever need assisted living or advanced healthcare services, do you want assurance that such services are contractually provided by the community in which you live?
• Would you prefer a social and active community environment—with various services and amenities available to you—that also affords you privacy and independence?
• Are you interested in having easy access to a variety of wellness programs and other activities?
• Would you like to reduce the number of meals you prepare by having access to a meal plan and possibly bistro-style dining options?
• Do you want to reduce the chance that your adult children or other family members will be responsible to provide or coordinate assisted living or nursing care if you ever need it?
• Are you prepared to possibly pay an entry fee and monthly service fees in exchange for the above?
Explore this further at Lakeview Village. Please contact 913-744-2449 to speak or tour with one of our lifecare counselors.