If you are looking for a soup course to round out your holiday meal, look no further than this Butternut-Ginger Soup from Lakeview Village Corporate Chef Jason Bowers.
Yields-10-12 servings (approx. 3 qt.)
¼ lb. unsalted butter
1 medium yellow onion, chopped (approximately 1/2 lb.)
2 stalks celery, chopped (approximately ¼ lb.)
1 clove garlic, minced
3 ½ lbs. butternut, peeled, diced
6 cups chicken stock
2 cups heavy whipping cream
3 tbsp honey
½ cup sherry wine
3 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp fresh peeled/grated ginger
½ tsp ground white pepper
Kosher salt to taste
- Roast Butternut at 350°F until softened and caramelized, approximately 25-35 minutes.
- Sauté onions, celery, and garlic in butter until softened.
- Add butternut and chicken stock and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove vegetable and broth mixture from stove and puree in a blender or with a hand-held blender stick.
- Return pureed soup to pot, add remaining ingredients/seasonings and bring to a simmer, stirring often.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed